Internship at ILO-Brussels
The ILO-Brussels Office is looking for an intern to join its team for a period of six months (1/9/2021 – 28/2/2022). The internship offers excellent learning opportunities and exposure. The internship is meant for an enthusiastic candidate looking to get hands-on experience in an international affairs environment, focussing both on advocacy and development partnerships.
The purpose of granting internship is threefold:
- to enable carefully selected graduate students to participate in the multicultural and intergovernmental work of the ILO;
- to offer the opportunity to the participants to acquire knowledge of the ILO's environment and to deepen their understanding of the ILO's goals, policies and activities;
- to enable the ILO-Brussels office to benefit from the assistance of persons with relevant knowledge and skills in areas within the scope of the mandate of the ILO.
Tasks will include
- conduct research on various policy issues including the drafting of analytical papers and reports on issues related to ILO's activities;
- assist with ILO-EU technical cooperation partnerships (monitoring calls for proposals, assist with examination of project proposals, etc.);
- monitor and report on EU policy developments relevant to the ILO;
- prepare briefings on topics that are of interest to the ILO;
- assist in organizing events;
- attend conferences and meetings, prepare minutes and reports, assist in the preparation of input and presentations;
- assist in developing content for ILO-Brussels’ website and social media channels;
- carry out ad hoc administrative tasks
Eligibility and prerequisites
- be in their last year of a master degree or above, or have completed their studies no earlier than one year prior to this application preferably in Political Science, International Relations, Law or Economics;
- have a strong interest in international and European social and employment issues and a basic knowledge of the ILO, EU institutions and the UN system;
- be proficient in English and French; knowledge of Dutch will be an asset;
- have excellent editorial skills;
- be computer literate;
- have an adequate health insurance.
Candidates can apply for an ILO internship only if:
- They have no close relative serving in the ILO;
- This is their first and only internship with the ILO.
- Fixed term of 6 months;
- Full-time position of 40 hours per week (9:00 am - 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm);
- 2,5 days of leave per month of work;
- Receive a stipend of 970,55 Euro to help cover basic subsistence and a contribution towards the cost of medical insurance during the period of internship. No other remuneration of any kind will be made to the intern by the Office in connection with this internship agreement.
- When an intern is financially supported by an institution, the ILO shall, subject to the rules of such institution, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support and the applicable ILO stipend.
Individuals who are interested should send their CV and motivation letter by 15/07/2021 to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. For more information, please visit our website: http:www.ilo.org/brussels.